Bukalong Pasture Forecast
Last update: 2 days ago
Provided by CSIRO
GrassGro Farm System Model
Self replacing Merino flock (45kg mature ewe weight)
11 Sept / 15 Dec
Ewe Replacements & Wethers
Ewe replacements enter main flock on 2 Jan around 16 months of age. Surplus young ewes are sold at 15 months of age (Dec). Wethers are retained for another year and sold between May and July.
Annual DSE Rating
Phalaris, tall fescue, white clover and sub clover
Based on SILO Gridded data (last 30 years).
Projected green herbage available relative to historic variation
- Currently tracking in bottom 10% of years on record
- Poor conditions until October 13 will result in pasture availability in the bottom 10% of years on record
- Average conditions will see pasture availability in the bottom 50% of years on record
- Really good conditions will see pasture availability in the top 50% of years on record
Plant available soil water (modelled)
- Plant available water (calculated as an average over the last 3 days) represents water held across the entire pasture root zone
- At this time of year, for the wettest 10% of cases the soil has held 72mm or more and is currently holding 7mm
- Currently the PAW is average relative to historic variation
- Ground cover should be managed carefully and maintained at over critical level of 70% to prevent erosion
- Current ground cover of 74% is greater than the minimum ground cover target
- There is a low risk (10% chance) of dropping below this level
Female Condition Score
There is no condition score data available at this time.
- Potential liveweight of weaned male progeny from the forecast pasture levels
Feeding Projections for Weaners
There is no feeding projection data available at this time.
Total Supplement Fed
- The probability of the total supplement fed in the three month forecast period exceeding the value shown on the horizontal axis (kg/head) for the 3 age groups of females
- There is a 70% chance of needing to supply feed to maidens, a 100% chance for mature females and a 100% chance for weaner females